Established in 1930
The Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists (EHASO) is an international organization whose objectives are:
- To foster, support, encourage, and advance the dental profession and the specialty of Orthodontics.
- To promote excellence in Orthodontics.
- To design and conduct professional meetings at regular intervals for interprofessional discourse in research, clinical practice, and the dissemination of current knowledge and practice principles in the specialty of Orthodontics.
- To promote and encourage high educational standards for the education and motivation of Orthodontists.
- To provide administrative and judicial duties for the membership of The Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists in carrying out their decisions and programs.
- To promote and encourage the members of the Angle Society to participate in research and studies suitable for publication in The Angle Orthodontist.
EHASO has seven geographic components spanning North America:
- Angle East
- Angle Midwest
- Angle North Atlantic
- Angle Northwest
- Angle Northern California
- Angle Southern California
- Angle Southwest
The Northwest component was accepted into the society in 1947. The EHASO publishes the scientific journal The Angle Orthodontist and holds Component and National Biennial meetings.
The missions of the Angle Society Northwest Component are to foster camaraderie amongst members, to offer encouragement and mentoring to our members to achieve excellence in clinical care, and to promote the advancement of our specialty through research and critical thinking.
The Angle Society Northwest Component strives to be a welcoming and supportive organization. We are widely recognized for excellence in clinical care that is based on the best available scientific evidence. We support advances in the field through research and the provision of high-level evidence based continuing education programs.
We have a passion for excellence and advocate professionalism and integrity.
We will achieve our Values with these goals.
Passion for Excellence
Continuously striving to achieve the highest level of excellence in patient care, education, research, and service.
Professionalism and Integrity
Adhering to the highest ethical and professional standards of our profession.
Providing exemplary service to our patients and society as well as support and mentorship to our colleagues.
- We will model the highest level of professional standards and deliver compassionate and evidence-based treatment. We will emphasize the importance of life-long learning.
- We will be known for our clinical expertise. We will use the best techniques and current technologies to create optimal outcomes for our patients.
- We will maintain a strong and enduring connection with our members to help ensure our organization’s future success.
- We will hold regular and periodic scientific meetings to provide a means to share scientific and clinical knowledge, including the critical appraisal of established and novel treatment options and techniques.